an unkempt 30-something whose lazy saunter and nonchalance belie his steady blaster arm and steeled eyes.
Name: Salden “Sal” Xero
Level: Scoundrel 7, Gunslinger 2
Force Points: 9
Experience: 36000 / 45000 needed for Level 10
- Base Attack Bonus = +7
- Hit Points = 67
- Threshold = 20
- Fort = 20 ( level 9 + class 0 + 1 Ability Mod)
- Ref = 25 ( level 9 + class 4 + 2 Ability Mod), 22 Flat-footed
- Will 24 ( level 9 + class 2 + 3 Ability Mod)
|ATTACKS assume the use of Rosie|
NORMAL SHOT (not point blank, not rapid shot, not aiming): + 9 (+ 7 BAB, + 2 Dex) with 3d8 + 5 damage (3d8 normal, + 1/2 heroic level, + 1 Trusty Sidearm)
- IF AIMING USING RAPID SHOT @ POINT BLANK: + 9 (+ 7 BAB, + 2 Dex, + 1 Careful Shot, – 2 Rapid Shot, + 1 Point Blank Shot) with 5d8 + 6 damage (3d8 normal, + 1/2 heroic level, + 1 Point Blank Shot, + 1 Trusty Sidearm, + 1d Deadeye, + 1d Rapid Shot) + reroll damage keeping better (Hair Trigger) + reroll lowest damage die, keeping result (Assured Attack).
- IF FLATFOOTED: + 11 (+ 7 BAB, + 2 Dex, + 1 Careful Shot, + 2 Crossfire, – 2 Rapid Shot, + 1 Point Blank Shot) with 5d8 + 6 damage (3d8 normal, + 1/2 heroic level, + 1 Point Blank Shot, + 1 Trusty Sidearm, + 1d Deadeye, + 1d Rapid Shot) + reroll damage keeping better (Hair Trigger) + reroll lowest damage die, keeping result (Assured Attack).
- IF FLATFOOTED & HAS NOT ACTED: + 11 (+ 7 BAB, + 2 Dex, + 1 Careful Shot, + 2 Crossfire, – 2 Rapid Shot, + 1 Point Blank Shot) with 5d8 + 11 damage (3d8 normal, + full heroic level from Advantageous Attack, + 1 Point Blank Shot, + 1 Trusty Sidearm, + 1d Deadeye, + 1d Rapid Shot) + reroll damage keeping better (Hair Trigger) + reroll lowest damage die, keeping result (Assured Attack).
- DECEPTION +12
- GATHER INFORMATION +12
- INITIATIVE +11
- KNOWLEDGE (BUREAUCRACY) +12
- MECHANICS +12
- PERCEPTION +13
- PILOT +11
- STEALTH +11
- WEAPON PROFICIENCY: Pistols & Simple Weapons (Scoundrel)
- Point Blank Shot (Scoundrel)
- £1 Quick Draw (draw or holster weapon as a swift action)
- Crossfire (human bonus)(+2 Attack against flat-footed opponents, or those denied Dex bonus)
- ß2 Rapid Shot (as an attack, fire two shots at an opponent: -2 penalty, +1 die of damage)
- £3 Advantageous Attack (Unleashed)(When you make an attack against an opponent who has not yet acted in combat, you add your full heroic level)
- ß4 Precise Shot (ignore -5 when shooting into melee)
- £6 Careful Shot (if you aim, gain +1 to attack in addition to ignoring cover bonuses)
- ß6 Deadeye (if you aim before making a range attack, +1 die of damage)
- £9 Assured Attack (Rebel Sourcebook)(reroll lowest damage die, keep result even if worse)
- Knack (Scoundrel, Core): Once per day, you can reroll any skill check and take the better result.
- Lucky Shot (Scoundrel, Core): Once per day, you can reroll any attack roll and take the better result.
- Uncanny Luck (Scoundrel, S&V): Once per encounter, you can count a single roll of 16+ as a natural 20
- Cheap Trick (Scoundrel, S&V): you can reroll and keep the better result of a Feint check
- Knockdown Shot (Gunslinger): If you aim before making a ranged attack and the attack hits, you knock the target prone in addition to dealing damage. Cannot be used on creatures two or more size categories larger than medium.
- Trusty Sidearm +1 (Gunslinger): +1/2 gunslinger level to damage when using a pistol
|Black Rosie, Modified DC-15s Heavy Blaster Pistol||3d8 (no stun setting)||x2||Overload Switch, Hair Trigger (reroll damage of Rapid Shot, keep better)||1.4 kg|
|Boot Knife||1d4+STR||x2||none||1 kg|
- Concealed Holster
- Breath Mask
- Chrono / Comlink
- Med Pack
- Blaster Pack
- Glow Rod
- Medpac x2 (in addition to worn)
- Blaster Pack x3 (in addition to worn)
- Spacer’s Chest (Extra set of Clothes, 1 week rations, 1000 credits, Blaster Pistol, Planet-Wide tracking Device)
10,000 Credits worth of Rodian-stamped Aurodium Bullion
“My dad was CorSec, if you can believe it. He worked hard, did the right thing and tried to instill a sense of duty in his son. Mom died when a burglar broke into the house one night. Dad was working the nightshift. He blamed himself for not being there, crawled into a bottle and never got out.
“I left home when I was 17, determined not to become my old man. I ended up joining CorSec anyway and did well in all my tests. My attitude got me in trouble and eventually, it became clear that the boys and girls who stood in line like little droids got all the promotions.
“I left and joined the No Man’s Servant – a tramp freighter – as a roustabout. Knowledge of the law helped me keep the crew on the up-and-up. My gun-arm came in handy a time or two but I never shot a man that didn’t deserve it. Mostly we skidded from world to world, bought some stuff here, sold it there. When times were bad, we’d starve. When times were good .. well, times weren’t good very often. Still, my days on the Servant were some of the happiest of my life. Captain Tallos was a fair man and taught me how to run a business. I picked up some Durese from Huundark, and I’d have put a ring on Erana’s finger if I had the money.
“Captain Tallos got dumb – or desperate, if there’s a difference. Started moving guns, stopped asking questions. Pretty soon we were neck deep in stolen imperial weapons. I never intended to be a smuggler, but I’ll admit the money was a nice change. Just about that time, Tallos started crawling in bed with a group of Hutts and pretty soon we were all in a Corellian stockade. I can’t say why I did it exactly, but looking around the holding cell that night, I knew Tallos was a good man with a clean record up to that point, not to mention the closest thing to a dad that I had in the galaxy. Huundark couldn’t hurt a fly and had a brain that should have put him in Alderaan University. And Erana … well, I couldn’t stand to see tears in those eyes.
“I took the blame. Told the authorities it was all my idea. I still had some friends in CorSec and they were able to convince my gracious Imperial overlords to go gentle. I was transferred to less-than-tortuous accommodations and a good chunk of my sentence differed. Still, I did 3 years in a penal colony near Ryloth. Let’s skip ahead, I don’t like talking about those times.
“I had sunk pretty deep, started drinking a lot, lost track of the time. When I came to, I was 31 and world-weary. I ended up on Nar Shadaa, although I’m hard pressed to remember how, exactly. I did some odd jobs here and there and scrapped together enough money to get a place of my own and a decent little office. I bought two fresh packs – one I smoked into my lungs, the other I loaded into my blaster. Turns out there’s a lot of people in this galaxy that need help but can’t go through official channels. I get that – official channels chewed me up when I was a bright-eyed kid and spit out the bastard you see before you today.
“A lot of my business is aliens since the Empire won’t deal with them. I don’t mind most of them, but as a rule, I don’t deal with Hutts. I’m no fan of the Empire, but I’m definitely no Rebel. I got this droid I bum around with. He helps out where he can but he … well, I’ll just let him speak for himself.
“My name? Read the sign, buddy: It’s Sal Xero, freelance investigations.”